Meet Bex Hyman, Admissions Recruiter
“I love watching a student fall in love with WPU.”
As an Admissions Recruiter, Bex relishes her opportunities to travel across North Carolina and meet with prospective students. Bex loves being part of a new student’s journey as they take those first crucial first steps towards their academic future.
- Hometown: I was born in Corvallis, Oregon, but grew up in Raleigh.
- Education: I went to undergrad at Guilford College in Greensboro, North Carolina, where I double majored in Women’s and Gender Studies along with Sociology.
- What do you love/enjoy about being an admissions counselor at WPU? I truly enjoy working with a team of people who make me laugh and encourage me to grow, and of course, traveling around North Carolina meeting future students.
- What is the best part of your role/job? Watching a student fall in love with WPU and envision what their academic future would look like as a Pacer.
- Outside of work: I love camping, hiking, cooking/trying new foods, traveling, and working out. The best is when I discover ways to combine these activities.
- Favorite quote: “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” ~ Maya Angelou
- Favorite book: My favorite book is Borderlands/La Frontera by Gloria Anzaldúa
- Favorite vacation destination: I have two favorites. For short summer trips, I’m a big fan of North Carolina’s Topsail Island. It’s just so relaxing and beautiful. San Sebastian, Spain, is another favorite destination as it is an absolute dream. Beautiful beaches and delicious food!
- What is your favorite location on WPU campus? The fountain looking out to the Raleigh skyline.
- Do you have any pets? Yes, a Border Collie mix, named Indie.