Meet Cheniqua Lassiter, Director of SPS Admissions
“I am very excited to continue blazing my trail at WPU.”
As the Director of SPS, Cheniqua is dedicated to ensuring prospective students are well equipped to begin their journey at WPU. Cheniqua has a thorough understanding of what it’s like to be a student while meeting the demands of work and family. Why? Because she’s been there. And she’s a master at translating that understanding into helping future WPU students discover the Peace advantage.
- Hometown: Patterson, New Jersey. But I’ve been happy to call North Carolina home for most of my adult life.
- Education: I received my Psychology degree from William Peace University. I also hold a Masters in Higher Education with a concentration in Student Success from Walden University.
- What do you love/enjoy about being an admissions counselor at WPU? The best part about being the SPS program’s Director of Admissions is supporting working adults in achieving their goals to elevate their careers.
- What is the best part of your role/job? Having completed my undergraduate and graduate degrees as an adult learner, I find understanding and grace in the balance that comes with juggling school/life/work. From this, my biggest achievement is watching the same students that I admitted a year or two prior accomplish what they started.
- Outside of work: I love spending time with my sorority sisters from Zeta Phi Beta and enjoy serving my community through my chapter. When it’s time to relax, I do so with music, and I’m no stranger to taking road trips.
- Something fun or interesting about you: I am a mother of twins.
- Favorite quote: “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.” ~ George Washington Carver
- Favorite book: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume holds a special place in my heart.
- Favorite vacation destination: The North Carolina mountains always know how to relax and recharge me.
- What is your favorite location on WPU campus? Why? WPU Welcome Center. It’s a multi-purpose space where students make lasting bonds, but first and foremost, it’s where I meet prospective students interested in our SPS programs.
- Advice to live by: Strive for Excellence. Not Perfection.