Meet Merica Ivey, Admissions Recruiter
“I enjoy helping students experience all of the great things at WPU.”
Merica brings a high level of enthusiasm wherever she goes—especially when it comes to her alma mater, WPU. While attending WPU, Merica was a volleyball player and relished her time as a student. Now, Merica works for WPU as an Admissions Recruiter and was previously the Assistant Women’s volleyball coach.
- Hometown: I’ve lived all over the world, but call Jacksonville, NC, home.
- Education: I graduated from WPU in May 2016 with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and will receive my M.Ed in May 2020.
- What do you love/enjoy about being an admissions counselor at WPU? As an alum, I enjoy helping students experience all of the great things I had the chance to experience during my four years at WPU.
- What is the best part of your role/job? The on-campus events! We have SO much fun with them, and the events provide opportunities to meet a bunch of students and their families in one setting.
- Outside of work: I love to play volleyball, cuddle with my three-month-old, and hang out with my family.
- Something fun or interesting about you: As a military dependent, I have lived all over the United States and had the awesome experience of living in Okinawa, Japan, for three years.
- Favorite quote: “Faith it until you make it.”
- Favorite movie: My favorite movie is “Drumline.”
- Favorite vacation destination: Anywhere with a beach!
- What is your favorite location on WPU campus? Why? The fountain! It’s beautiful in every season and holds so many memories and traditions.
- Advice to live by: “Never let anyone stop you from being the best you can be.” ~ My mom