Be in the business of doing good.
According to a Work for Good survey of nonprofit professionals, “93% feel engaged in nonprofit work (nearly 3 times the national average) and 88% plan to work in nonprofits long term.”
Through the BS in Leadership and Nonprofit Administration, you’ll learn the skills needed to impact your place of business and your community. Lead and manage nonprofit organizations through an internship, experiential learning and exposure to nonprofit environments and professionals in the field.
Our blend of traditional business courses, mixed with a focus on organizational development, ethical principles, and serving your community, will help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to enhance your leadership potential in the nonprofit or civic arenas.
As part of this unique program and to support your individual leadership-development, WPU partners with Leadership Triangle for a leadership-mentoring program. The program consists of two required meetings between mentor and student pairs.
Within this major, you will build:
- The managerial skills necessary to succeed in jobs in not-for-profits
- A strong understanding of the important functions of business, including the areas of marketing, finance, economics, and business law
- Your own perspective on leadership based on leadership theory, as well as your own leadership-development experiences
- The skills necessary to train and facilitate groups of volunteers, coworkers, and clients
- The aptitude to pursue social innovation through your skills in action research and business planning
The courses listed below are for the Academic Catalog and are subject to change. Please reference the Academic Catalog for further information and course descriptions. If you are a current student, please reference the catalog in which you come under.
Bachelor of Science in Leadership and Nonprofit Administration
A major in Leadership and Nonprofit Administration helps prepare you for the following jobs:
- Development Manager
- Events Coordinator
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Fundraising Manager
- PR Manager
- Operations Director
- Executive Director
- Communications Manager
- Program Assistant
- Nonprofit Administrator
- Training Associate
- Membership Associate
- Grant Writer