#PeopleOfPeace | Jodi Stamey, CFRE, Vice President for Advancement, Named to TBJ’s 40 Under 40
William Peace University is excited to announce that Jodi Stamey, CFRE, Vice President for Advancement, has been named as one of the 2018 Triangle Business Journal’s prestigious 40 Under 40 Leadership Award recipients. The award honors the brightest, most promising young business people under the age of 40 in the Triangle.
“My achievements have only been realized because of the amazing friends, colleagues, mentors and family who have been in my life along the way.”
Stamey was one of 40 professionals selected among approximately 200 nominations for the 2018 award. Her nomination for the 40 Under 40 comes after joining WPU in 2016 where she became part of the University’s Senior Leadership Team. She is responsible for providing leadership, planning and implementation of the University’s advancement efforts including donor identification, cultivation, and management strategies.
“I am very thankful to have been selected as a 40 under 40 award recipient along with 39 other outstanding Triangle leaders,” Stamey said. “My achievements have only been realized because of the amazing friends, colleagues, mentors and family who have been in my life along the way; this would not haven been possible without their support and guidance.”
Jodi’s Accomplishments at WPU
- Worked to serve and connect with alumni and friends, leading the efforts of the Office of Advancement
- Led initiatives to increase the number of individual alumni donors by nearly 47% in her first year
- Led a team that exceeded attendance goals at regional alumni events by 112%
- Implemented STARS program, which will serve to engage thousands of WPU alumni in the Triangle Region
- Increased faculty and staff giving to highest totals in more than five (5) years
“Jodi is not afraid of hard work and because she is focused, her passion and energy are channeled in a very effective and significant manner.”
“What has impressed me the most about Jodi is her ability to be successful in a wide range of roles,” said Brian C. Ralph, Ph.D., William Peace University President. “She brings a thoughtful and creative approach to everything she does. Jodi is not afraid of hard work and because she is focused, her passion and energy are channeled in a very effective and significant manner.”
Stamey’s experience is not limited to WPU and Raleigh. She is a seasoned leader with more than 15 years experience in higher education administration, strategic planning, and fundraising.
- Campbell University’s College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: Increased alumni giving by more than 300% in three years; led external relations efforts for more than seven (7) years
- Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) in St. Kitts: Served as Director of International and External Relations; led community relations efforts, played a vital role in developing partnerships to drive progress for safety and security; served on the Hurricane Relief Team following Tropical Storm Erika in 2015
Jodi’s Community efforts + Awards
Stamey is an active volunteer and has served in leadership roles in and throughout the community.
- Serves on the CASE District III conference committee; recently named co-chair for the 2020 annual conference in Orlando
- Member of the Raleigh Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Raleigh cohort #36; recently helped raise support for Dress for Success Triangle
- Volunteer with NC DECA; serves as a mentor, judge, and interview panelist at the organization’s annual conference; awarded honorary lifetime membership
- Served as president of the North Carolina State University Communication Alumni Society Board of Advisors
- Served on the Raleigh Public Relations Society (RPRS) Board of Directors
- Two (2) Sir Walter Raleigh Awards for excellence in communication by RPRS
- Outstanding Service Award in 2006 by the NC State Communication Alumni Circle
Stamey earned her MBA from Campbell University, and her BA in Communication from North Carolina State University. She became a Certified Fund Raising Executive in 2009.
For more news and feature stories, search #PeopleOfPeace on social media, or visit www.peace.edu/news.