Dr. Jennifer Blush is an Assistant Professor Psychology at William Peace University.
Dr. Blush is originally from a small town in southern Illinois and lived there for most of her life until moving to Texas to finish her education. While in Texas, she got married and with her husband adopted 2 dogs! Dr. B loves spending time with her family, traveling, and food, especially Mexican and toasted ravioli!
- B.A. Psychology and German, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- M.A. Psychology, Illinois State University
- Ph.D. Psychology, University of Texas at El Paso
Activities & Honors
- Psychology Club Advisor, editor at The Novice Professor teaching blog
Research & Publications
- For her dissertation, Dr. B examined how words are represented across a bilingual’s two languages. Other cognitive domains that are of particular interest to her are the use of language in text and email, working memory, executive control, and mind wandering. A more recent interest of mine has been conducting research in the classroom. For instance, what makes students perform well on exams?