Matt is a truly a jack of all trades when it comes to theatre and performance. Whether it’s singing, writing, or performing, he can just about do it all!
Matt is a native of Louisville, KY, who has worked with Grammy, Tony, and Emmy Award winners around the country. He has worked in professional theatre, award-winning films, international television, NYC celebrity events, national commercial pitches, and award-winning video game prototypes. His favorite hobbies include playing the piano and reading. You can also catch him at Five Star Asian Restaurant downtown, his favorite food spot in Raleigh.
- BA Theory and Composition, Campbellsville University
- MA Music, Campbellsville University
- MFA Media Scoring, Vermont College of Fine Arts
Activities & Honors
- Ranked as a finalist/semi-finalist in six international competitions (including multiple Top 10 Placements)
- Professional Memberships: BMI (Previously ASCAP), NACUSA, AEA, CASA, Pi Kappa Lambda, Alpha Psi Omega
- Founder of a professional acappella arrangement company who has serviced over 600 clients in 26 countries spanning five continents
- Worked on 40+ theatre productions and 10 original musicals/plays
- Assisted in the design of five undergraduate degrees currently offered at universities
Research & Publications
- “Musical Mathematics” – Presented at the 2010 MathFest International Conference
- “Interdisciplinary Arts Technology” – Presented at the 2014 International Arts in Society Conference (Rome, Italy)
- “Drama Therapy in Criminal Rehabilitation” – Presented at the 2016 International Journal of Arts and Sciences Conference (Harvard University)
- Current research topics include: “The Evolution of Violence in Theatre” and “Musical Theory Devices in Video Game Immersion Experiences”