Moe is a native of Nashville, NC. He graduated from UNC in 2020 with a master’s in exercise physiology. During his time in Chapel Hill, Moe worked in the exercise oncology research lab, where he helped to design and implement exercise interventions to improve both quality and quantity of life in cancer patients.
- 2018 – B.S. Biology, Exercise and Sports Science Honors (UNC-CH)
- 2020 – M.A. Exercise Physiology (UNC-CH)
- 2020 – Certified Personal Trainer: American College of Sports Medicine
Activities & Honors
- Recipient of the Graduate Research Merit Award – Exercise Physiology
- Carolina Covenant Award Recipient
- Patrick Earey Award Finalist
Research & Publications
- Alzer M, H. Giuliani, J. Carver, A.R. Lucas, M. Harrison, D.B. Bartlett, M. Milowsky, Y. Whang, R.L. Bitting, C.L. Battaglini, FACSM L. Stoner, FACSM, A.C. Hackney, E.D. Ryan E.D. Hanson. Muscle Cross-Sectional Area Improves with Home-Based Training During Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Southeast Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Regional Meeting (SEACSM). Jacksonville, FL, USA. Feb 2020.
- Alzer M., Carver J.L., Lucas A., Bass M., Whang Y., Harrison M., Milowky M., Bitting R.L., C.L. Battaglini. and Hanson E.D. Home-based exercise improves cardiorespiratory fitness and muscle strength during metastatic prostate cancer treatment. Poster presentation at the Southeast ACSM Annual Meeting. Greenville, SC, USA. 2019. Zieff G, Alzer M, Kostov A, Wahba S, Rackley J, Blackwell J, Diana J, Hanson E, Stoner L. Vascular function following an acute mental stressor among fit versus non-fit young adults. Southeast Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Regional Meeting. (SEACSM). Jacksonville, FL, USA. Feb, 2020.
- Stopforth C, Alzer M, Carver J, Lucas AR, Whang Y, Milowsky M, Bartlett DB, Harrison M, Bitting RL, Hackney AC, Battaglini CL. Body Composition, Physical Function, and Quality of Life Across Different Stages of Prostate Cancer: A Cross-Sectional Analysis. Southeast Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Regional Meeting (SEACSM). Jacksonville, FL, USA. Feb 2020. Hanson E.D., Carver J.L., Lucas A., Bass M., Alzer M., Whang Y., Harrison M., Milowky M., Bitting R.L., and C.L. Battaglini. High Adherence to Home-Based Exercise Improves Muscle Strength and Cardiorespiratory Fitness with Advanced Prostate Cancer. Thematic poster presentation at the ACSM Annual Meeting. Orlando, FL, USA. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 51(5): 2019.